Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Entry #1: To Blog... Or Not To Blog?

So, to blog... or not to blog? That is the question.


Whether we realize it or not, blogs today have an impact in society. Blogs can influence the way we think and react to current events, ideas, or even society. Since blogs can also come in the form of social media, I think it's safe to say that we all know one person is who is, at least, obsessed with Tumblr, Twitter, or Facebook.

There are so many blogs to choose to from, even if it's just to read for fun. Blogs can range in topics depending on the interest of the readers, and blogs can't always be credible. But hey, I'm not expecting blogs to be credible(unless of course, if the blog is associated with a news organization. I assume those blogs would have to be credible.... maybe I'm getting my hopes up too high here).

I prefer to read professional blogs over personal blogs. They can be informative about promoting a business or a product while keeping it professional. An example of a professional blog that I looked at recently is the Whole Story by Whole Foods Market. I definitely think they have some delicious recipes.

Sometimes when I stubble upon a personal blog on the internet, I realize that their blog isn't directed towards me. Although I don't like personal blogs that much, I do think that this blog, Hyperbole and a Half, is a good, personal blog to read. Yes, it may be a silly blog, but in many of the posts there's a "that's true" moment about every-day life in general.

As for me, writing blogs sometimes stresses me out. So let's lighten this up a bit, and I will end it with this video.




 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kate,

    I agree with you that reading professional blogs can be extremely informative. Thanks for sharing the link to Hyperbole and a Half, it was not what I was expecting and definitely gave me a good chuckle. I look forward to reading your future blog posts.

    Tori

    ReplyDelete