Sunday, June 2, 2013

Greetings

Hello. My name is Kate Borrell. I recently graduated from Horizon High School. My four years there have been great as I had encountered many new friends and some pretty great teachers. However, I'm ready to move on from those memories and create some new ones while experiencing college life.



My interest has been around community service. For about five years, I worked with children between first through sixth grade at a local church. This year, I volunteered at St. Mary's Food Bank.
Also, I'm interested in performing stand-up comedy as a comedienne.

My hobbies from last year mainly included marching band(playing tenor saxophone) and performing in dance shows.


The reason I'm attending GCC is because it is a stepping stone from high school to a university, and that a community college can help me during my transformation into a mature, young adult. My main goal in attending GCC is to graduate with an associates degree in business two years from now and eventually go to a four-year university after that.

1 comment:

  1. I like how focused on your goals you are. From high school, straight to college. That's shows how serious about your furture you are. Stay determined Kate.
    -C.J.

    ReplyDelete