Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Entry #4: A Small Recap of My Blogging Experience


Well, blogging has definitely been a new experience. Before the blog project, I never really thought about blogging anything. Now I feel that I am addicted to blogging even though the course isn't over yet. I took blogging seriously, mainly because part of my grade depended on it. 

What I learned from blogging is that if a person's blog has a topic that is interesting and entertaining, people will read it. Sometimes, escaping the seriousness of life means poking some fun at it. I just hope my funny blog posts put some smiles on people's faces. I have also realized that there are many people who prefer blogging in different forms whether it be a social media account or a website similar to Blogger.


Since blogging was part of this course, I found blogging to be useful for improving my writing style. I found out I like satire, and I like having an audience. It's a new outlet for expressing myself that I probably would not have tried it had it not been part of this course.

The only thing I would suggest to my English professor is that he should use former-student blogs that he thought were really good and use those as examples for future students on what a casual/professional blog looks like and what he's looking for.

For those who have been reading my blog, thank you. This has definitely been a new experience for me. I am a little sad that the blogging is coming to an end for my English 101 class. However, I am definitely thinking about keeping this blog as a hobby so I can continue writing satire that people will find humorous and engaging. To say thanks again, watch this video below.


That's all I have to say for now. Hope you have enjoyed my blog! 


1 comment:

  1. Kate--I am glad you enjoyed the blog project and found value in it. You really did find your voice during this project. Use that for all your writing...write from that comfortable place and adjust it to fit the rhetorical situation you are presented with. Thanks for the feedback. I am glad to hear you are going to keep blogging; I totally think you should!

    ReplyDelete